- Bridges - we went under Throgs Neck Bridge; Bronx-Whitestone Bridge; Hell Gate Bridge; Queensboro Bridge; Williamsburg Bridge; Manhattan Bridge; Brooklin Bridge; George Washington Bridge and Tappan Zee Bridge (all very impressive)
- Tugs pushing barges
- Tour boats (loads of these)
- NYC Police Boats
- Fire Boats
- Sail boats
- Go fast boats
- Mega Yachts
- Sea Doos
(a skyscraper hug? or Dancing Towers)
- Seeing a Fire Boat tug put on a water pumping display
- Seeing the Statue of Liberty on Liberty Island and having Tug’n’s picture taken in front of her
- Seeing the Hudson Tea building in Hoboken, where Ria and her family lived for about 5 years when they first moved there from Toronto.
- Passing under the Tappan Zee bridge where two more bridges are in advanced stages of construction to replace the original bridge
- Surviving all the immense boat traffic, especially where the East River meets the Hudson River, where the south tip of Manhattan is kitty corner to the Statue of Liberty on Liberty Island. Boats were coming and going everywhere and it was no small task to make sure you were following the “rules of the road” and trying to stay out of trouble.